[CQ-Contest] MFJ-434 Voice Keyer question

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki at juno.com
Tue Oct 10 23:48:10 EDT 2000

Terry,
	There another feature that is mentioned in MFJ's ad
that you should know about that may change your mind about
buying the MFJ-434 unit.
	The unit has a MESSAGE REPEAT function which typically
would be great during lean times when one is letting the DVK call
CQ. The only problem is and I confirmed this with MFJ is that you
can NOT set the repeat time interval for less than 3 SECONDS and
there is no way to modify the unit (according to the technician I spoke
with at MFJ)
to reduce the 3 second interval.
	Now Anyone that calls CQ and waits 3 seconds for a
response will have lost their frequency 1 second ago and the guy
who stole your frequency will already be calling CQ before your
MFJ starts the next CQ........

	Duhhhhhhhh.......................Way to go...... MFJ!
73,

Dennis Vernacchia N6KI

P.S. - When I informed MFj of their blunder, I could tell they could care
less......

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:41:52 -0500 (EST) 00tlzivney at bsuvc.bsu.edu writes:

>I have read the reviews posted on EHAM.net on the MFJ-434 voice keyer.
>None of the mention the receive record feature noted in the MFJ ad.
>MFJ
>does not post the manual for this item on their web page.
>
>Question:  How does this feature work?  Is it a continuous looping
>type
>record like the old K1EA DVP where it can play back the last 30
>seconds of
>received audio or do I have to be prescient and push a record button
>before
>I miss the exchange?
>
>Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
>

>--