[CQ-Contest] MFJ-434 Voice Keyer question

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 20:09:39 EDT 2000

In a message dated 10/11/00 4:29:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, n6ki at juno.com
writes:

<< Now Anyone that calls CQ and waits 3 seconds for a
 response will have lost their frequency 1 second ago and the guy
 who stole your frequency will already be calling CQ before your
 MFJ starts the next CQ........ >>

I used this device in the 2000 ARRL DX and 2000 WPX contests.  I run QRP and
NOBODY "crunched" my frequency while "waiting" for it to recycle.  PS I made
over 1400 q's in the ARRL and made 2.7 Meg in the 2000 WPX.  If you really
want to cycle faster, you can just push the button faster.  Of course if you
are running, you are going to pushing different buttons for CQ, signal
report, QRZ so the delay doesn't come into play.  But if you THINK the delay
for CQing will be too long (as opposed to actually using it), maybe you
shouldn't buy it.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com