[CQ-Contest] Recording your contest (Was: Getting Kids into Contesting)

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii at loja.kkn.net
Fri Oct 20 06:15:57 EDT 2000

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 08:12:43AM +0200, Gérard Parat wrote:

> > About 3.2 Mb in size.
>
> Good ratio! One hour of SSB in a 3 Mb size file. Could someone give some
> pointers for recording software, Windows and/or Linux based.

I use a program called RecAll Pro.

http://www.sagebrush.com/

This program works very well for me.  The amount of compression will
depend on the CODECs that you have one your system.  Most Win98
systems will do MP3 with no problem.

You might have to update other installations.

http://www.sagebrush.com/rectech.htm#Codec

I have not looked for something like this for Linux yet.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."
geoiii at kkn.net
830-868-2510
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com