[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint Date

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Sep 3 12:31:59 EDT 2000

In a message dated 9/2/00 9:41:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w1wef at capecod.net
writes:

>  What a lousy time to run the contest...Labor Day weekend...but I
>  guessed it was always the first full weekend and this was it.

The Sprint has on occasion been run on Labor Day weekend, and I rather liked
the date. I never noticed any significant difference in activity in those
Sprints.

I typically don't have a lot doing this weekend, including this year, but the
following weekend is the traditional date for the ARRL September VHF QSO
Party, the WAE phone, and a zillion big hamfests on Sunday morning, including
the local one in Findlay, Ohio.  I'd like not having those sort of conflicts!

See you next weekend in the Sprint, unless there turns out to be a major
aurora or mega tropo opening on VHF.

Jim    K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com