[CQ-Contest] AA Submissions

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Thu Sep 7 08:04:33 EDT 2000

KS4YT continues to hammer away at her All Asia entry, but stumbled
a bit on the part concerning the log itself.

 From http://www.jarl.com/contest/english/tag.htm:

  <LOGSHEET TYPE=CT>
  name of logging software.

  ex. CT ,TR-LOG , NA , HOMEBREW

  LOGSHEET MUST be "1qso = 1line"

The three most likely to be used real time logging programs are
mentioned.  I take this to mean that the JARL understands them.
Therefore you simple paste the output of your particular logging
program into your entry after the <LOGSHEET TYPE> tag &
before the </LOGSHEET> tag which would be the last line of the
entire entry.

I use TR, so the .DAT file it produces is what I pasted in there.
If I recall CT correctly, I would use B2R to generate a .RES file &
that would be what goes into the entry.  I'm clueless as to NA, but
it should be equally straightforward.

I'll leave the HOMEBREW type alone, but it's pretty clear from the
"1qso = 1line" bit that it should be one line per contact.  An
explanation elsewhere using the <COMMENTS> tag might be a
way to identify the formatting of the data in each line, but that
should be obvious to whoever deals with the entry.

It would be nice if the submission wasn't such a challenge, but
at least it's possible to get it right now.  Although the format is a
bit of a dog's breakfast, electronic submissions & Asia-to-Asia
QSOs made this year a definite improvement over the past.  I
would expect this to improve activity from this side - therefore
making it more fun for all.

And having fun is what it's all about, as Bridget pointed out!

73, VR2BrettGraham

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com