[CQ-Contest] Jargon

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 11 10:37:31 EDT 2000

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 09:34:20PM -0600, Tony Field wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> As a fellow with a recent interest in contesting, I was wondering
> if there is any place that I can get a "jargon dictionary".  For
> example, I have figured out that NIL = "Not In Log", however I
> cannot figure out what UBN stand for (for example, I assume that
> it is NOT "Unusually Banal Nonsense") Are there any other
> colourful acronyms that you can thing of????

Personally, I think contesting is now big enough to support at least
one book.  DXing has several specialty publications, and contesting
could benefit from one.

UBN = "Unique, Bad, Not-in-log"

> tony (ve6yp)
> http://www.nucleus.com/~field
> field at nucleus.com
> ve6yp at rac.ca
>
> (P.S. for those interested,  YPlog with reasonably full contest
> support is available from my web site - If you are interested in
> yet another window's based DX and contesting log program).
>

> --
> CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
> Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com