[CQ-Contest] Post contest review

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Sep 13 09:47:20 EDT 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 kk at cg.yu wrote:

> NO, NO, 15 minutes is more than enough for creative people...
> It must be submitted ON-LINE, during the contest, after each QSO or after each
> 10 minutes. N6KT and N5KO can stay at home then...
>
> 73 Kele
> YT3T, YU1AO

I have been in the situation where, in the ARRL DX contest which does not
permit U.S. to U.S. QSO's for points, numerous U.S. stations will answer
the CQ of a running station.  It's particularly bad on SSB on Sunday
morning.  Evidently they haven't a clue about the contest rules and think
they're doing you a favor by working you.

Generally if they're pestering (and some have been VERY pestering) I just
go ahead and work them, log them (You KNOW they are going to send cards!)
and then make a copy of the log after the contest, one of which gets
purged of those calls.

This seems like a legitimate use of post-contest log review to me.

Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com