[CQ-Contest] Understanding rules (further to Penalties)

Soro Roberto roberto.soro at sia.it
Thu Sep 14 16:53:51 EDT 2000

I think EU1SA knows the right answer as well.
He pointed out
"rules should be clear and should never allow any missreading."

By the way, I used some times the CT PED simulator
in the contest mode I think, (but may be some other option as well)
where if you log a wrong QSO, PED consider the next 3 (three) qso
as wrong, then start again checking,
so if you log another wrong qso, after the 3 removed,
the next 3 are removed again, and so on,
so may happen that if you log a wrong qso out of four
you have a full 0 (zero, null, nothing) good qsos at the end!!
This was a way to read the rule I think.
In any case nice training to learn how to ask for
fills, again and again and again, since the right one comes in!
or DO NOT LOG IT, and you'll have a better score.
73 and cu in contest

Bob,I2WIJ (J49WI - J45W)

mailto:i2wij at qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/i2wij/

http://www.cqww.com/2000rules.htm

say 3 CONTACTS removed, but I hope nobody really believes the contest
sponsors and log checkers would be so evil so as to remove *specific* QSOs,
risking or insisting on the deletion of additional multipliers?

C'mon, they don't have an ax to grind!

Mike
N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com