[CQ-Contest] Re: Understanding rules (further to Penalties)

Gilmer, Mike mgilmer at gnlp.com
Fri Sep 15 08:50:25 EDT 2000

The rules:

http://www.cqww.com/2000rules.htm

I've recently emailed

mailto:questions at cqww.com

the CQ folks WRT this exact issue.  I asked them how many QSO points they
remove - is it based on the points in the "bad" QSO, or is it some fixed
amount?

I also suggested that whatever it is, this process should be described in
the written rules.

I haven't heard from them yet.  I suggest others write if they care or
expect to see CQ clarify this or any other issue.  Now I don't expect them
to want to publish the "secrets" of the bad-QSO-search algorithms, I would
like them to describe in better detail just what they do once they find one.

Mike
N2MG

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com