[CQ-Contest] Sprint - sitting on a freq. giving out points

Bill & Chris Shell n6ws at msn.com
Sun Sep 17 08:44:03 EDT 2000

Hi Jim,

To answer your questions; of course it is 'legal', and the non-sprinter
should submit a log.

Sprinters should take advantage of anyone willing to take the time to give
the information in the exchange.  What is really annoying about being in
another contest is to have Sprinter call you when you have a good run going,
and then try calling CQ on your frequency.  As part of the contest, the
Sprinter should have to ask the called station if they can call CQ after
making a contact.  Of course, the courtesy of asking if you could use the
frequency would upset the Sprinters' rhythm and rate.

I think the Salmon Run, SAC, Route 66 logs should be submitted as a check
logs.  Any stations that are on just to give out point should have the
courtesy to send in check logs.

Please don't take these answers so seriously that you start sending me hate
mail.  I was just attempting to add a little humor.

73, Bill
N6WS
n6ws at msn.com