[CQ-Contest] Young people / the thrill is gone.

K9YO- Cedrick Johnson k9yo at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 20 15:39:10 EDT 2000

I think I've created enough controversy for one month. I don't need to
name names or point fingers at people.

Now that I've had some time to reflect about many things that have
happened to me in my short 7 years of computer industry experience,
I've related it a bit to contesting.  Yes, there are cheaters, but
there's something about it that makes you feel a bit empty.  When I
win a certificate, and I've done it without cheating, I have a
personal gratification that makes me feel proud.

So, I will leave it in the hands of the log checkers. I'm done beating
an old old topic that's been around since the beginning of
contesting. I'm just gonna stop taking ham radio so darn seriously,
and I'm gonna enjoy the hobby.

Maybe once I do that, and I realize the friendships formed by the
"magic" of radio, will my enthusiasm be built up.

73's! and have a very nice day,
Cedrick

>Please expand on this - I would like to know what
>sort of cheating is going on and who is doing it.
>
>--
>
>George Fremin III
>Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."
>K5TR (ex.WB5VZL)                            -- Dave Leeson W6NL
>geoiii at kkn.net
>830-868-2510
>http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr

Cedrick Johnson - K9YO - ex. N9YXA, Z2/N9YXA - Extra Class
10-10: 67368
Visit the K9YO ContestCentral online at:
http://www.qsl.net/k9yo

NorilTech Web Site: http://www.netcom.com/~k9yo
Consultant
NorilTech Consulting is proud to be powered by Mandrake
Linux (www.mandrake.com)

(o_             "...locate a local ISP that is run by
/// \           COMPETENT geeks, NOT MCSE or PHB's..."
V_/_            -Pro Linux Paper

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com