[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Sep 21 15:22:56 EDT 2000

At 01:01 PM 9/21/00 +0100, Jay Pryor wrote:

>There may be more discussion of this as we get closer to the date of the
>Sweepstakes, but I just noticed that the rules state that off times must be
>"listed separately in the 'Soapbox/Comments' section of an electronic
>Cabrillo file submission."
>
>In other words, do not simply let your logging program produce your
>Cabrillo log and send it in, thinking that your off times will be
>computed.  You must list your off times before sending.

I expect that this will be true of any contest with off times that uses the
Cabrillo format, including CQ WPX and IARU.  Whether it should be seems
like anotrher question -- surely if the contest requires off times to be
(for example) minimum 1/2 hour to count, the checking software should be
able to spot the qualifying breaks between QSOs.  I know, that's not the
absolute book definition, but it's the only really checkable way of
measuring off times.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database