[CQ-Contest] further comments on "cheating"

Rick Dougherty NQ4I at compuserve.com
Fri Sep 22 07:29:13 EDT 2000

Hello all...just one more post from me on this subject...naming names etc
is not probably the place for this ...however there are investigations from
the cqww committees...and operators do get dq'ed for their errant ways...i
have seen
an example in the past few years of a fairly prominent contestor (single
op) who was obviously using packet...not W4AN... who is terribly
honest....but today this op is not even around...he has his own conscience
to live with each day...there will never be a level playing field...I for
one believe that those who use extra power have the chance to be more
"alligator"...ie they are heard better than they hear...I  have always
tried to make antenna improvements and feed line improvements...if I beat
someone in a pileup...its because my 4 hi stack and not super power...as a
multi multi...we become targets for lots of criticism....lots of cq'ing in
dead bands etc...but if we beat you, it is from the antennas and feed
lines...and the skills of my operators...time to put this to bed and get
about some serious contesting...I still have the 20m 2 hi stack , the 4 hi
10m stack and the 2 el 80 beam to put up in the next weeks to get ready for
the cqww ssb...see you in it...de Rick

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com