[CQ-Contest] CC&R Category

W1HIJCW at aol.com W1HIJCW at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 01:01:10 EDT 2000

Bill, et al ---

You're on the right track ... I'm not sure whether or not the suggested
language is the right stuff, but certainly something needs to be done to
account for the changes in our world.

I've often thought that some sort of adjustment to scores might be logically
based on an evaluated ERP factor. For example: take an average station with
150W, a triband antenna for the high bands, and usual wires for the low
bands. Set that as a "standard" with a factor of 1. All other stations would
be compared against that standard and a factor calculated which would be
applied to the final score. Example: if the station has only a dipole(s) on
the high bands, but all else is the same, then the overall erp is reduced by
let's say 4 dB. That would lead to a factor to be the multiplier for the
final score of maybe 1.2. Conversely, if the station has a 3 by 5 stack of
tribanders, the erp would go up by perhaps 6 dB and the resulting multiplier
would be something like 0.8

It seems to me that with some creative statistics we could come up with a
series of classes that the competitor would choose among.

What do you think, might this be a way to approach the problem?

No additional classes or categories, just a multiplier for the final score.
All else remains the same.

Bill
W1HIJ/6

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com