[CQ-Contest] Head-to-head

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 27 11:09:27 EDT 2000

    I got to thinking about this last night on my bike ride home.  One of
the legitimate problems cited with doing the WRTC events more frequently
than every four years or so is the enormous task of creating fifty or so
equal stations in a relatively compact geographical area.

    What if someone were to create just two roughly equal stations in the
same geographical area?  It wouldn't have to be fancy - maybe something
similar to what the WRTC used, with a tribander and wires.  My idea is that
these two stations could have head-to-head competition between guest
operators in any number of contests.  It would make for interesting stories,
no doubt.

-
Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com