[CQ-Contest] Handicaps, etc. was CC&R Category

Soro Roberto roberto.soro at sia.it
Wed Sep 27 18:26:02 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Or you can have both, so you'll have different ranking
one for each class or category, and an absolute ranking
like there is in most, or some, sailing race
(Round the world race, and similar)
where you have a "Real Time" and a "Compensated Time"
based on the sail class, which is stated before the competition.
It happens, quite often, that the biggest ships arrive first
at the finish line, but a smaller one gotta win the race,
due to the class compensation.

Yes, in that case, there are judges that can look at ship before the start
and even during the race, here we have just to believe in us,
ham contesters and competitors, and what we are going to declare.
I, for one, I believe, I do not have any reason for not believing
even if there are cheaters: it's their problem, not mine.

Take it easy, CQWW is approaching!
Cu there, then.
73
Bob,I2WIJ (J49WI - J45W)