[CQ-Contest] TU?

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 10:57:08 EDT 2001

In CW tests some S&P stations send TU exchange.
Some just send the exchange.
I usually include the thank you -- and mean it.
Sometimes I send R TU exchange.

When I'm running (I use the term loosely) you could include info about your
station and probably not hurt my rate much. The folks at the W4CAT multi, on
the other hand, don't have the time to hear about your radio, and they know
it. The clock is ticking and (as I am finally figuring out) time IS the name
of the game.
Am I inadvertently squandering too much of your valuable contest time by
thanking you for the Q?
It doesn't seem like much time is used sending TU, but for the top stations I
can certainly see where this would add up.
I'll drop the "R " -- I wouldn't send you my exchange if I didn't copy yours
anyway, so it seems that receipt is implied. Should the "TU" go too??

TU Don K4BEV

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com