[CQ-Contest] Less than a week til the FQP

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 13:00:49 EDT 2001

With many commitments from over 10 mobiles and numerous home stations look
for this year's FQP to be a record turnout.  It is hard to imagine more
activity than last year but all indications are that yes, things are STILL
on the upswing.

I have already let y'all know some of the highlights of last years event and
will not beat that drum again other than to say you really should go to the
FQP web page listed below and read the write-up of FQP2,000 written by WRTC
Co-Champion K1TO - it is a good read!

Floridians are encouraged to CALL CQ FQP and to activate the HF airwaves
between 40 and 10 meters as much as possible during the contest period so
our out of state friends have plenty to work, although they will probably be
chasing the dozen or so mobile teams as they criss cross Florida.  Check out
the website for times and suggested frequencies as well.

Out of state entrants going for the sweep of all 67 Florida Counties are
encouraged to check out the counties on the air page to see who has
committed to which county!

The Florida Contest Group hopes that you will join us in this years running
of the FQP, that way we will have plenty to talk about when we go to the
Hamvention next month!

10 hours on Saturday and 10 hours on Sunday and lots of QSOs, only six days
to go until FQP '01 - be there!

Bookmark the website, its:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp

73,