[CQ-Contest] Change of the date of WPX CW

Valeri Stefanov wally at el-soft.com
Mon Apr 23 20:57:12 EDT 2001

Hi fellow contesters,

Seems that contesters from US are forgetting that at least almost half =
of the participants in major CQ Contests are not from USA and that =
without our participation these otherwise great contests will become a =
local US affair.
So, when someone is talking about any changes ,please always try to =
think things over through others perspective too.(see Tack's comments).
The date of WPX in May is just fine and as far as I have found the =
number of participants in SSB contests is greater than in CW, so in IMHO =
the dates for SSB and CW parts of WPX have been chosen correctly. Any =
way swapping CW and SSB weekends will not hurt things so badly and is =
possible if someone wants this done. But for me and others here in =
Europe WPX CW during the last weekend of May is just fine.
=20

73's and see ya in next one=20
Wally LZ2CJ (also LZ8T & YM3LZ)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com