[CQ-Contest] Yeasu FT-920 VOX Problems

Nat Heatwole heatwole at clark.net
Fri Apr 27 20:09:12 EDT 2001

For the most part I have used a footswitch for SSB contesting in the past
but am considering trying the use of VOX instead. I use an FT-920 for
contesting and I can't seem to be able to set the VOX correctly. I can
access all of the menu items related to VOX and I can modify all of them
(ie. the numbers change) but the sensitivity of the VOX does not appear to
change, it appears to pick up everything, and it takes way too long to cut
out after you stop talking. Almost as if the settings have in fact not
changed. Anyone else on the list use the FT-920 for contesting that could
offer some (any) suggestions? Am I possibly doing something wrong or is this
a universal problem with the 920?

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<heatwole at clark.net>
Damascus, Maryland