[CQ-Contest] RE: SOUTH AMERICA TEAM SELECTION CRITERIA !

PY5EG py5eg at inepar.com.br
Sat Apr 28 14:03:22 EDT 2001

TEAM SELECTION CRITERIA

Hi Marti:

         Nice to hear from you.
         I´m sure that the next WRTC 2002 will be a success as the previous
ones.
         I´m not perfectly aware yet  about the new selection criteria, but
nevertheless I would like to make some comments base upon all the others
WRTC.
         As you know I have being in all WRTC events, and I really think that
is the most fantastic opportunity to put together all the most famous
contest operators in the world. In addition to that the friend and warm
relationship and ham radio environment is something I will never forget. It
is our "Olympic atmosphere".
         In order to optimize the use of this unique opportunity I understand
that is extremely important to have worldwide representation. I think at
least three National teams from South America should be there independently
of the" wild cards".
        For justice I would like to see the same criteria for the other
Continents, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania.
        Recognizing that the most ham populated areas, US, Europe, Japan and
Russia deserve a specific consideration we could add a special criteria do
comply with that.
        With this strategy we will give an extra incentive to emergent
countries and areas to be more active in contests.
        I will be more than pleased to cooperate again  with this marvelous
event.
        If I can be useful please don´t hesitate to contact me.

        Phones
        Office  55-41-3507510
        Home 55-41-3823580
        e-mails Home py5eg at inepar.com.br   oir Office  aos at inepar.com.br