[CQ-Contest] 3 QSO penalty

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Fri Aug 3 16:20:22 EDT 2001

I am strongly in favor of computerized log checking and the great job that
N6AA, N6TR, and others have done to improve score accuracy.

At the same time, I have never seen the sense in the 3 QSO penalty rule
living in to this world of computerized log checking.

I think Pat makes some very good points.  It especially turns my stomach
to find out that people are using sofware to clean their logs after the
contest.  But they are responding to this ancient rule that never got
changed.

Would you really want to win a contest because your post-contest log
checking software is better than mine?  I'de sooner take up golf.

73

Fisher

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com