[CQ-Contest] To the "Best of the Best"

tony field ve6yp at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 7 17:29:15 EDT 2001

>Funny to see in this thread that only Americans are
all-time best operators ... :)
>And I am quite certain that there must be better operator
in JA land who works in Japanese better than Chip (who is
one of the >greatest for sure) hi. (Who was that JA machine
at VP2KC?)
>73, Timo OH1NOA

Hummm,  I am into USA bashing only at my local ham radio
prayer meetings at Boston Pizza here near the mountains of
Western Canada where we can solve all of the worlds problems
within two litres of good beer. .  (of course, much better
than the American beer :-)

Seems to me that the expression made by the original poster
were done with genuine "recognition of accomplishment".  Any
ham that "does well" is worthy of recognition.If your
friends are "worth more recognition", please describe what
they have done so we can appreciate their competence - as
was the original posters (Leigh) attitude by extending the
accolades to W0UA, N6TR (who has contributed very much more
that just good operating), N6AA, et al..  I can think of a
number of European operators that are EXTREMELY GOOD such as
OK1RR.  Please voice your attitudes about success in ham
radio.... in particular, any Finnish hams who are a cut
above average.

I can think of at least at least one Canadians who would
qualify as being extra-ordinary such as VE6VK (Russ) who I
have seen operating cw with two dx contest stations at
exactly the same time on two radios with a BUG (not keyer)
in each hand at 30wpm - unfortunately, Russ no longer
participates in contests.

If I could achieve only some of what many of the posters on
this list (non-American and  American) have achieved, I
would be in ham radio heaven.

tony (ve6yp)
ve6yp at rac.ca

P.S. I get kinda annoyed when the Americans sign with their
NAME (like Leigh) but not their CALL SIGNS   -:)  I just
gotta search the cdrom... :-)  If you don't like the
grammar, tough....  (hummm, yet again,   Microsoft spelling
thinks "kinda" is OK   ---  better get onto my USA bashing
attitude cuz I live in Canada... :-)

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com