[CQ-Contest] ATTN:Contest Logger Program Soft. Developers

k9yo at ix.netcom.com k9yo at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 8 11:44:36 EDT 2001

Howdy folks!

Long time since I've been on the air. I've been watching the recent debates of late, and think I may have an idea that, while it may be fully implemented 5-10 years from now (when almost everyone has a constant internet connection) will revolutionize amateur radio contesting and perhaps lower the number of "wrong" UBN's that occur.

For the developers of contest logging software, how hard would it be for you to create a TCP-IP socket connection to a specific server, and send a stream of formatted data (XML or some other messaging standard)?? Perhaps provide some buffering of the QSO data in case the connection is not available.

I have written the "server" implementation for a couple of other clients in another industry, but it is easily adaptable.

Let me know how feasible this is, so I can decide whether or not to pursue this idea.

Thanks,
Cedrick

Cedrick W. Johnson
Chief Technology Officer and Managing Director
Cavenger Systems, Inc
SBS Division
312.777.4002 x.1601

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com