[CQ-Contest] How did these guys get to be so good?

tony field ve6yp at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 9 23:43:18 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans K0HB" <K0HB at qwest.net>

> And truth be told, my guess is that a majority of current
contesters
> never bother to dust off their Vibroplex between contests
either,
> except for an occasional "new-new-one" for DXCC.
> 73, de Hans, K0HB

Since there seems to be at least a few respectable contest
every weekend during the Northern Hemisphere winter and
maybe one or two every summer weekend, seems to me that the
old Vibroplex is not very dusty...  Those old folks seem
have added weight to the Vibroplexes to slow down to 30wpm
so that mere mortals can copy them (after listening two or
three times...)

tony (ve6yp)

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com