[CQ-Contest] Question to the rules of WWDX contest

Richard L. King k5na at texas.net
Fri Aug 10 15:37:06 EDT 2001

At 16:27 8/9/01 -0700, you wrote:

> > I have a question: is it legal for a DXpedition to work as SO/SB on
> > two or three different bands with the same call but different
> > operators?
>
>No.  "A different callsign must be used for each CQ WW entry."
>
>See http://www.cqww.com/2000rules.htm
>
>--Trey, N5KO

In some countries the operators are not allowed to use their personal call
signs from another licensed location or a club location. Their country
licensing authority says the station location call sign MUST be used.

In these cases it has always been necessary for single-band participants to
use the common club call while submitting their entries as single-band
entries. As far as I know (in the years past) these entries were listed in
CQ Magazine as single-band entries in the final results.

I see the rule plainly stated in the above URL posted by Trey. So I wonder
how long has the CQWW rules about this been changed? I suppose the new rule
shuts down any possibility of single-band entries from countries where only
one call can be used from one location. Is that what the CQWW wanted to do?

73, Richard - K5NA

k5na at texas.net

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com