[CQ-Contest] TS940S trouble

Joe Pontek v31jp at logical123.net
Fri Aug 10 20:11:02 EDT 2001

The some, but not all, potting in the TS-440S series had a problem of a
absorbing moisture. This caused a some very unstable frequency control
and resulted in a chirpy signal on CW and FMing on voice. Never knew of
any that just quit, but maybe now. The solution required the removal of
the potting and that resulted in some component replacement, also. The
repotting with a better material.

Best regards de K8Joe"Palooka" & Beverly
Joe & Bev Pontek, Sr.
26441 Devaney Road
Arcadia, IN 46030-9532
USA
317-984-7388
FOC 1743  FISTS 7625
K8JP V31JP VP5/K8JP VP5JP K8JP/VA2 ex-K8HKM
Read the "Contest Traveler" in The National Contest Journal
http://sites.netscape.net/v31jp/homepage
also: k8jp at arrl.net & v31jp at contesting.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com