[CQ-Contest] M/2 logging transmitter IDs at Multi stations; suggestions?

Pat Rundall rundall at address.com
Tue Aug 14 20:53:18 EDT 2001

I sent this question to the NAQP judges (cwnaqp at ncjweb.com,
k6zz at ccis.com) and to the WriteLog folks over a week ago.
No response. Any advice, suggestions, comments are welcome.

Pat, N0HR

I'm hoping that you can clarify something for me (and others
who M/2 and face this question)....

We have 4 transmitters (two used at a time... 10 minute
rule closely followed, etc.). With WriteLog, the resulting
Cabrillo logs identify transmitters based on ID. As we had
four computers on our mini network, the transmitter ID field
shows 0,1,2 & 3. I'm presuming that your log checking software
is looking for IDs of only "0" and "1" (no more than 2
IDs).

My basic question is.. does your log checking routine handle
this properly? That is, does it understand that as long as
the 10 minute rule is followed, more than 2 transmitters
may be used in a M/2 scenario? Essentially, we have a "10/160
station", a "15/80 station", a "20m station", and a
"40m station" with a networked PC at each "station".

I've heard that others have resolved this by importing their
logs into Excel (or small perl scripts or ....) and "massaging"
the IDs. As others have raised the same question (on the
Writelog reflector), I'll assume that this is a question
that several have - perhaps a note in the rules would help!

Bottom line, does the contest log verification software
realize that as long as only two transmitters are on the
air at a time, we're compliant or am I forced to either:
a) find another logging package
b) force network/station IDs to "A" or "B"
c) "postprocess the logs"

Thanks!
Pat, N0HR

Get Free Internet Access And WebEmail At http://www.address.com