[CQ-Contest] Hollingsworth and Voluntary Bandplans

Tom Baugh AE9B tombaugh at discoverynet.com
Thu Aug 16 20:22:22 EDT 2001

Hollingsworth and Voluntary Bandplans

Let's face it guys... It's a voluntary band plan... a gentlemen's agreement
Hard to enforce... and no legal grounds. I'd love to say it is black and
white but it isn't.
How do you define INTENT?
If Riley came to me and asked me to please refrain from transmitting SSTV on
14.233
I'm not sure what grounds he'd have for that.. I'd probably oblige but not
sure if he'd be "PICKING SIDES" or what. There's a difference between
Voluntary and Gentlemen's Agreements and enforcable RULES...
Can't we just get along?

Tom
AE9B