[CQ-Contest] Rx QTCs in WAE

Clive Whelan clive at gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 00:29:26 EDT 2001

Hi

I wonder  how many (serious) European entrants took their QTCs
straight into the keyboard. I *did* take all  my 1000+ ( as
GW7X) that way, but cannot say that I found it comfortable or
easy, as I am "keyboard challenged" !

I could have organised things so that they were taken on line
onto paper; made a much better job of the thing, then later
transcribed into the logging prog. However, this does seem
retrograde and defeatist. If I were sure that I was improving in
the keyboarding dept., then I would be happy to persevere, but I
am not convinced that this is so.

In fact I strongly suspect that it is not really a question of
typing speed, more a question of lack of retention of
long/convoluted callsigns, which is definitely not an issue when
copying the old fashioned way. It may well be that Anno Domini
is not helping in this department!

If enough folk send me their stories via email, I'd be happy to
summarise the straw poll here.

73

Clive

GW3NJW