[CQ-Contest] focus on the LANGUAGE not the issue and you will better understand

Jim White k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Aug 19 01:23:51 EDT 2001

I think KR6X's comments are falling on deaf ears here...what have you guys
been on 160 in the Summertime listening to static or what????

Leigh's point is that by using WORDS which imply contesting is a negative
thing re 160 problems, the League has opened itself up to having a history
of saying that contesting is a negative thing...anyone who has watched
television news in the past few decades has learned about the deadly "sound
bite" where only a part of a quote is aired....

AND NOW NEWS FROM N.C.R.  (no contest radio)

An ardent anti-contest advocate pointed out that even the ARRL's
bandplanners said that contesting:

"disrupts a large portion of the band".... in a memorandum during the Summer
of 2001

Friggin' wonderful

This is the kinda crap that comes back to haunt you - WE know what was meant
as the ones who use the bands, that is not the point - the issue is our
national organization used language which is Contest "PC"...contest
politically correct...and as such has left us vulnerable.

73,

One Of The Disruptors who obviously does not care that he is spoiling our
bands by his contesting activities...

K4OJ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com