[CQ-Contest] W4ZV's Most Disruptive Contest

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Mon Aug 20 23:52:17 EDT 2001

W4ZV said here on August 18th...

"In my opinion, the CQ 160 SSB is the most disruptive contest
of any amateur contest on any band...and I have personal experience
with most of them.  Here's why:  (((bunch of reasons)))"

W4ZV has obviously not experienced the Phone Sprint.

I suspect that the 160 SSB contest is the most disruptive to W4ZV, and not
necessarily the most disruptive contest.

160 meter DXers are a very passionate group, and anything that disrupts
even one day of their DXing is deemed unworthy.  I disagree.  They should
share the space just like everyone else.  On those two days a year where
the spectrum is filled with guys who want to SSB contest, they should go
find something else to do.  Just like everyone else does on every other
band during every other contest.

However, both the "Phone-Sprint" and "160SSB-DX" contests are oxymorons if
you ask me.

73

Bill Fisher

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com