[CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest Logs

Donald Field g3xtt at lineone.net
Fri Aug 24 18:43:37 EDT 2001

Hello all

Just a short note regarding entries for this year's IOTA contest. Closing
date for entries is 1st September, so you have about a week to go, if you
haven't already sent your entry.

For those who used CT, please note there appears to be a bug which means
that the .LOG file does NOT include received serial number. Ken has now
fixed this (CT 9.66.005 Beta ), or I am quite happy to take the .ALL file
instead. From other programs, any sensible ASCII format should be OK. I have
also accepted Cabrillo files, although this is not one of the acceptable
formats listed in the rules (but I wouldn't dare upset my good friend N5KO,
of Cabrillo fame!).

Electronic logs should go to hf.contests at rsgb.org.uk  I now discover this is
NOT the e-mail address published in QST(which does not work), so please take
care to use the correct address.

A few days after the 1st September deadline a list of logs received so far
(which ought to include all the electronic ones, though paper and disc
entries may still be in the mail) will be published on the RSGB HF Contests
Committee Web Page (www.rsgbhfcc.org). Please check that your log has been
received OK and, especially, that it has been assigned to the correct
Category and Section (many summary sheets are unclear on this, or entrants
have simply used the default categories in CT which apply to CQWW, e.g.
single-band, low power, etc., but which are not applicable to IOTA). In
particular, a single-operator assisted category was introduced this year to
encourage casual IOTA chasers who like to use packet to send in a contest
entry. If you entered this category, please make sure we have picked it up
from the summary sheet.

Many thanks to all of you who took part. In the next few weeks I and other
members of the RSGB HF Contests Committee will be reviewing the IOTA Contest
Rules, in readiness for 2002. Some of you have already sent your thoughts
with your entries, or separately. I am more than happy to receive your
input - better now
than to see a debate on here a week or so because next year's contest, by
which time it is too late to change anything! e-mail me at the address
below.

Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager
g3xtt at lineone.net