[CQ-Contest] prejudicial language

Roger Parsons ve3zi at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 01:41:56 EDT 2001

Bill

You are dealing purely in semantics, and frankly I find it inconceivable
that you are attempting to make a serious point.

Very few countries other than the US have formally regulated band
segmentation, so that for most of the world it would be true to say that the
whole of ANY band is the 'CW' section or the 'SSB' section. It would also be
simplistic nonsense.

There is an IARU band plan for 160m. I believe that it is generally accepted
that it needs revision. It is clearly the case that bandplans are completely
ignored during SSB contests on 160m.

There is a genuine problem related to mode separation on 160m. It is most
unlikely to be solved except by constructive thought and actions.

73 Roger
VE3ZI/G3RBP