[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] riding the RF gain...

Dennis OConnor k8do at diamondcs.net
Fri Dec 7 16:57:35 EST 2001

Mario, I wasn't intending to discuss the hardware, but since you bring it
up...  Remember, we are talking receive power levels here... Creating
capacitances on a chip is super easy and efficient... Inductances are
tougher, but the smaller ones can be done on chip surfaces, and the larger
ones can be screened onto glass boards..  Doing the selecting can be done
with FET arrays as line drivers.... And, of course a microprocessor doing
the logic decisions...
Not tough at all... You do have a point that the immediate ham market
doesn't justify R&D costs, but the chips/technology would seem to have many
other uses once it is a shelf item and offered to RF design engineers doing
products for mass markets...
The MK-V uses mini relays, BTW....

Denny

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com