[CQ-Contest] World Contest Station Database -- new and improved

Tim Makins, EI8IC ei8ic at eircom.net
Sun Dec 9 09:44:32 EST 2001

The database entry-form may be fixed, but what about the output ??????????

If I want to see what other stations are doing, I have to (a) know their
callsign, and (b) enter it into to the 'Query Database' box. One station at
a time ! Quite frankly, this is stone-age computing, Pete !!

If you want to make this database useful, you, or your database-guru, might
like to think about a variety of display options, such as:
* List all stations in a specified country
* List all stations in a specified CQ or ITU zone
* List all stations with antennas on, say, 160m.
* List all stations with towers over 100' high
* List all stations using the xxxxx transceiver or amp

etc. etc. etc.

This shouldn't be too difficult with today's software tools..

Tim, EI8IC
www.qsl.net/ei8ic/
The European HF Contesting Website
Recent winner of the 'DX Zone' Editors choice Award.