[CQ-Contest] World Contest Station Database -- new and improved

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Mon Dec 10 07:25:45 EST 2001

I appreciate all the work on this thankless project.
It's a fun database to look through - I would hope
that its capabilities would improve with time, but
without some very regimented data entry format it'll
be what it'll be.

Think about it, say you want to search for TS-940 and
some guys enter TS-940, others TS940, others 940,
etc.  The problem with towers/heights/antennas (fixed
vs. rotating, stacks, etc) is worse.  Not only would
creating that kind of data entry page be daunting, who
would want to take the time to enter all the data?
People make a living dealing with this kind of
stuff...

Good choice on not having logging in and passwords,
etc.  It's amazing how much of a time sink
administering passwords can be!

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com