[CQ-Contest] RE Post Contest Log Scrubbing or Buffing?

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Fri Dec 14 03:29:54 EST 2001

I am waiting to see if the contest suffered any ill-effects for requiring
everyone to type in their own logs insteading of sending in a paper log for
some over-worked volunteer to do for them, or over-worked staff in the case
of ARRL.

No matter what, SOMEBODY has to type in the logs. The argument was that we
still have places where email is not available, or there's no PC within
driving distance, or....

I thought the CQWWCW was very busy, especially given the wierd conditions on
Saturday. Plenty of stations on in those third world countries that
supposedly don't have pc's, email or running water.

I guess we'll see.

And if all the logs come in to CQ ok electronically, then ARRL should drop
paper as well. We really OUGHT to see results a few days after the log
deadline.

In some sense some of the stuff that goes on between the volunteers and the
log submitters after the deadlines is really just another brand of log
massaging. Why should we allow that and not the others?

73, Guy.