[CQ-Contest] Fwd: [FCG] riding the RF gain...

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Dec 14 09:06:47 EST 2001

On 12/7/01 8:51 AM, owner-cq-contest at contesting.com at
owner-cq-contest at contesting.com wrote:

>We have
>driven the technology of receivers forward with our demands for better
>contest receiver performance, but there is lots of room for improvement

But, isn't it ironic that the Elecraft K2 has better receiver
characteristics than any of the mult-kilobuck rigs?

As K9AY put it to me a couple of months ago, "The K2 is a very simple
radio, superbly executed." Go to <http://www.elecraft.com> and download
the manuals and schematics. He's right.

It doesn't take highly-sophisticated technology to produce superior
receiver performance. What it takes is a dedication on the part of the
designer to produce a quality product -- and not just to use some trendy,
fancy technology.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com