[CQ-Contest] Working/Logging Dupes

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Dec 18 08:43:06 EST 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Dale L Martin wrote:

> My limit was stretched one contest...don't recall which it was, but domestic
> Q's were okay in it...
>
> A 4-land op must have been having a senior 'moment' that went on for a good
> part of his weekend.
>
> He called me at least six times...I worked him four before finally telling
> him QSO B4, which he accepted.
>
> That didn't stop him from calling me a couple more times before the contest
> was over.
>
> 73,
> dale, kg5u

Oh, the days of paper logs!  If you have a callsign like my pre-1976 call
(WA9UOT) you probably end up with people calling you a few times in
contests.  He couldn't read his own or someone else's writing on his dupe
sheet, and you couldn't find his call fast enough in the almost full
column on your dupe sheet.  Or both your dupe sheets had coffee, etc.
spilled on them.  I got spaghetti sauce on one of mine once.

I can imagine what the log checkers had to go through in those days!

73 and Happy Holidays,

Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com