[CQ-Contest] M/S 10 Meter Contest - Question for Entrants

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at mail.ur.ru
Wed Dec 19 13:42:31 EST 2001

> I'm also disappointed in the "ruling" on the definition of multi-single
for
> this contest.  It goes against all other precedents that are close to this
> situation, like in IARU for example where multi-singles do have a 10
minute
> rule that does apply to mode as well as band changes.
>
> Bob N5NJ

 I think the only limitation for the MS should be 1 signal at a time. 10
minute rule criples MS cathegory and makes it boring. In fact single op
using 2 radio and not tied up with 10 minute rule limitation may have
advantage over MS when the rate is slow.
10 minute rule lowers MS activity on the not so well populated bands and
make contest less interesting for all the participants.
At the same time it is so easy to make provision for the ONLY ONE SIGNAL AT
A TIME with just relays that control PTT line of all the radios.

73, Igor UA9CDC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com