[CQ-Contest] 10-meter contest; directivity or the lack thereof

Dennis OConnor k8do at diamondcs.net
Wed Dec 19 09:57:53 EST 2001

The amount of radiation/response off the back/sides of your beam is not as
miniscule as you imagine... Unfortunately, the ARRL method of depicting
beam patterns gives a highly distorted view of the relative amounts of
radiation... Every beam antenna is a 360 degree antenna, except some
directions are a bit more equal than others...

Also, there are many directions to/from which a signal can propagate to a
given part of the world, not just one direction so some of those 'off the
side' contacts may not be off the side...
Denny

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com