[CQ-Contest] quiet monitor

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 19 19:29:53 EST 2001

At 10:59 AM 12/19/01 -0500, Bruce Lallathin wrote:
>Are the currently available thin flat panel LCD type monitors quiet in
>terms of RFI for contesting. Anyone have experience with them? In the past
>it has been hard to find a really quiet monitor, here anyway.

Bruce,

I have two NEC 1530-V LCD monitors here.  K9TM also has a pair.  These are
15" LCDS which are wonderful to look at and appear to be dead quiet.  Also,
its nice to avoid the "AC hum wiggles" when you rotate a Tailtwister or
turn on your amp.  'TM has one of his centered between has two AL-1500s and
its dead stable.

These are available under $300 now.  Highly recommended.

73,

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com