[CQ-Contest] Re: 2 dB more?

Marijan Miletic, S56A artinian at siol.net
Mon Dec 31 01:13:24 EST 2001

Dr. Matjaz Vidmar, S53MV, professor of electromagnetics at Ljubljana
University
points out that hams are not aware of a very simple relation:

Antenna gain is a  product of directivity and efficiency.

Unless one doesn't use resistive loads for broadbanding antenna, poor traps
or grounding system for verticals, HF efficiency is very close to 100%.

Special receiving antennas are another story.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU