[CQ-Contest] Today's Radios

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Sat Feb 3 18:31:22 EST 2001

At 07:53 PM 2/3/01 -0800, Michael Tope wrote:
 >Yes, Jim you are correct, the logging programs don't pick up contact
 >closures and turn them into band information (they only do the
 >inverse - that is turn band information into contact closures).

This would certainly not be hard to do.  The LPT port has four input bits
which would be enough if you encoded the bands into BCD.  I suspect some
people might be doing this already to drive TopTen devices or DuneStar
bandpass filters.

I thought about putting this into NA years ago but everybody seemed to be
most interested in the RS-232 to radio setup.

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com