[CQ-Contest] multi band change rule

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Mon Feb 5 18:10:29 EST 2001

While I am not an ARRL official or anything, I do
read/write/interpret/follow specs for a living.  I will give you my
interpretation (which I believe to be accurate).

It states:
2.3.2.2 Each transmitter is limited to 6 band changes (maximum) in any clock
hour.

This means that each transmitter (there are 2 in the case of multi-2) is
limited to 6 band changes (max) in any clock hour.

You say:
Does this mean that  the two transmitters are allowed a total of 12 band
changes??

I would have to answer your question as NO.  Your question implies that you
get 12 band changes to use as you wish (even though you didn't actually say
that, you didn't say anything about the distribution and the rules do).  The
rule is very clear... each transmitter (there are 2) is allowed at most 6
band changes (each).

While it is true that if one were to use all 6 band changes for the 2
transmitters...

6 band changes         2 radio
1 radio                      1

you would effectively use up 12 band changes.  It does not mean you get to
pick the distribution of those band changes.  The way you have it worded, I
could interpret this as R1 uses 12 band changes and R2 uses 0 band changes,
so you are OK (this is wrong).  I know you didn't say that but the wording
you use is not as precise as the wording in the rules.

Does that help?

73 Tim K9TM