[CQ-Contest] Dunestar mod. 600 insertion rf loss

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Wed Feb 21 22:45:40 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 JBaumgarte at aol.com wrote:

 > >  I ask to other Dunestar 600 owners if their units has the same rf loss

Yep, this is about what I see with mine too.  I can see it being an issue
using an amplifier like a pair of 3-500Zs where 100w out is required to
reach (or not) 1500w out.  But most common day amplifiers do not require
100w of drive for 1500w out.  My AL1500s only need about 50w or less of
drive, so inserting the filters has never been an issue.

As far as Dunestar...  I can't say enough good things about this
company.  Best customer service I have had in ham radio.  They get a 10+
from me.

73

Bill Fisher

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com