[CQ-Contest] Re: SCC RTTY rules propossal

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 26 20:32:05 EST 2001

The rules look good to me except the band change limits.  I'm curious why
all the interest in
limiting band changes for single ops?  This doesn't seem like a good
idea.  Instead of
discouraging SO2R with this rule, you should add an unlimited single
operator category
that has no band change restrictions and allowed to use the
Packetcluster.  That way
SO2R operators can run at will and not disadvantage single radio
operators.  If I can only
make 10 band changes using my other radio and be burdened with the
unfamiliar task of
keeping track of band changes, I'd probably do better fishing that weekend.

Limiting band changes for single operators is a bad idea altogether.  This
also discourages
moving multipliers from band to band to band to maximize
multipliers.  Keeping track of
these band changes has got to be a nightmare, even with just a single radio.

I hope the fish are biting that weekend.

73, Don AA5AU