[CQ-Contest] Keyer question

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Mon Jan 22 10:08:32 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/21/2001 8:48:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w8ji at contesting.com writes:

 >  I'm "doing" a keyer for contesting and general ragchewing, and I
 >  have a contest related question.

Hi Tom,
I think all those questions you outlined are taken care of in contest
programs. I use TRlog, has provision for controlling two rigs (PTT and keying
line) does delayed keying after PTT turn on. I use paddle only in rare
situations to fill in or send something that is not programed. Paddles go
through the computer.

I think the era of contest keyers is fading into the oblivion, contest
programs take care of CW, logging and rig control (and F$#@% packet
interface).
Much cheaper and more effective to use free DOS notebook and one of them
contest programs.

Yuri, K3BU
(posted via reflector to spare avalanche of similar responses :-)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com