[CQ-Contest] Crystal Radios

Gary Letchford k0luz at email.msn.com
Fri Jan 26 17:11:56 EST 2001

This may be slightly off topic,  but since so many of us can remember the
good ole days when we received a crystal radio kit for Christmas,  and the
experience of building it and then moving the cats whisker around and
finding "The Lone Ranger" theme song coming through the headphones.  I
promised someone I'd ask the question to some knowledgeable people.

I had someone ask me if I knew of a company or whatever that they could buy
a crystal radio kit that they could give to their grandson.  Whether it will
be as exciting now as it was then is a real question in my mind,  but it
might be worth a try.   Who knows....  maybe this recepient will be a
contester in a few years!!

If anyone has any suggestions,  let me know.

73
Red
K0LUZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com